How does one get a clean installation of Fedora?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jul 29 13:22:59 UTC 2013

Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> writes:

> On 28/07/13 17:49, lee wrote:
>> There is something wrong with these requirements.  I don't need avahi,
>> for example, and it's impossible to remove without taking down the whole
>> system.
>
> Like Sam said in the other reply; A dependency is not "broken" if the
> package actually needs it. If you think a given package is not needed,
> gather the reasons for who you think so and file a bug report.

Many, if not all of the packages depending on the avahi package do not
need the avahi-daemon.  So what's the problem here?

+ dependencies broken because packages not needing a package depend on it
+ bad packaging
+ the package management not supporting suggestions
+ the installer not giving users choices about what to install
+ something else
+ all of the above?

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)