Do I need avahi?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jul 29 14:23:38 UTC 2013

Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> writes:

> The author of systemd (Lennart Poettering) is also not a native English
> speaker. If you can convince him that your knowledge of English is
> better than his own, he might even listen to your suggestions.

Perhaps he referred to some dictionaries and that made him chose
"disabled".

> However, I doubt that the existing terminology would be changed, since
> people got used to the current one by now, and I believe it would be
> impossible to switch without a major confusion among a lot of people.

That's the problem ...  If "disable" and "mask" were to be replaced,
they should still be available for some time along with the new words.
That might create more confusion than it could do any good.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)