How does one get a clean installation of Fedora?

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Jul 29 15:49:20 UTC 2013

On 29/07/13 09:03, lee wrote:
> Martin Skjöldebrand <shieldfire at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Unfortunately, the broken dependencies seem to prevent step 2 ---
>>> otherwise I could simply remove unneeded packages.
>>
>> I believe this kind of situation is why the Gentoo, and later, Arch
>> distributions were created. There you seriously micro manage your distribution
>> and install only what you want and in exactly the way you want.
>
> That's how it should be.  It's nice to have the option to just install
> things from packages and have them working right away, but when that
> leads to too many things installed and running that aren't needed
> without a choice, the question comes up what you rather spend your time
> with: installing just what you need or trying to figure out how to get
> rid of what you don't need.

Different distros serve different needs. It's impossible for one distro
to suit all use-cases. If you really really need to minimize the
packages on you computer, then maybe Fedora isn't the right choice. And
that's ok, that is exactly why Arch linux and it's contemporaries are
there for.

--
Digimer
access to education?