How does one get a clean installation of Fedora?

Martin Skjöldebrand shieldfire at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 02:50:44 UTC 2013

On Monday 29 July 2013 15.12.53 lee wrote:
> আনন্দ কুমার সমাদ্দার Ananda Samaddar <asamaddar at myopera.com> writes:

> >> A minimal install doesn't have a gui, and I don't need a gnome
> >> desktop. But if I did that, could I have installed what I have now
> >> without, for example, avahi installed?
> >
> > It looks like you'd be better served using something like Arch if you
> > want minimalism.
>
> It's not about minimalism, it's about not having things installed and/or
> running that I don't need.
>
> Perhaps I'd be better off with arch or gentoo, perhaps not.  They might
> have other disadvantages.

The main disadvantage - if you are impatient - is that it is source package
based. So everything is compiled when you install it. Installing KDE takes a
bit of time ...

One of the main advantages - if you are patient - is that it is source package
based. You can set compile time variables on each package so they are compiled
to your liking. (e.g. You can add mp3 support to one app while disabling it in
another.)

/Martin S