Do I need avahi?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jul 29 16:22:55 UTC 2013

Am 29.07.2013 18:08, schrieb lee:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

>>> RPM doesn't support suggested packages?  Are you serious?
>>
>> *no*
>
> So does it or not?

it does *not*

>> if whatever is *linked* against whatever library
>> the library need to be installed and loaded at
>> startup, if it is not installed the binary crashs
>
> It doesn't crash, it only doesn't run

*wrong*

if something is linked against the avahi libraries
and they are not installed it will *crash*

that is why dependencies exists and if you want
software built with fewer dependencies which means
in doubt with fewer functionality dicuss it with the
maintainer or build your own RPM