How does one get a clean installation of Fedora?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jul 29 16:25:17 UTC 2013

Am 29.07.2013 18:14, schrieb lee:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

>>> What is the effect of this package?  Making sure that the packages you
>>> commonly need get installed?
>>
>> that *anything* i am using is installed
>
> That doesn't have much to do with getting rid of what isn't needed.

surely

look how long is your list of "package-cleanup --leaves --all"
and how long is mine, i can uninstall anything which is
listed there because the metapackage requires things i
have installed and use

[root at rh:~]$ package-cleanup --leaves --all
Geladene Plugins: etckeeper, presto, protectbase

[root at rh:~]$ rpm -qa | wc -l
1334

>>> That still wouldn't allow me to get rid of unneeded packages, would it?
>>
>> *your* viewpoint of "needed" is not the same as the viewpoint
>> of binaries - here you start:
>
> Which of the binaries that would be removed if I removed the avahi
> package needs avahi-daemon?  VLC, for example, definitely doesn't

discuss this with the rpmfusion maintainer
with the current dependencies *it does*