How does one get a clean installation of Fedora?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Tue Jul 30 15:26:25 UTC 2013

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

>>> that *anything* i am using is installed
>>
>> That doesn't have much to do with getting rid of what isn't needed.
>
> surely
>
> look how long is your list of "package-cleanup --leaves --all"
> and how long is mine, i can uninstall anything which is
> listed there because the metapackage requires things i
> have installed and use

That's besides the point.  I have packages installed which I would
consider "leaves" because they provide something I don't need.  Making a
package that requires others doesn't get rid of unneeded things even if
it prevents packages from being considered "leaves" by the package
management.

>>> *your* viewpoint of "needed" is not the same as the viewpoint
>>> of binaries - here you start:
>>
>> Which of the binaries that would be removed if I removed the avahi
>> package needs avahi-daemon?  VLC, for example, definitely doesn't
>
> discuss this with the rpmfusion maintainer
> with the current dependencies *it does*

Then the dependencies are broken.  You would have to make a package that
sets them right.

--
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No error here")
  signal(error ("No error here"))