VirtualBox wont run -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 30 21:45:46 UTC 2013

On 30/07/13 16:56, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 30.07.2013 22:44, schrieb Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni:
>> I have virtualbox and dkms both yum installed, started dkms, but the command "service vboxdrv setup" doesn't work:
>>
>> [root at box10 bobg]# service vboxdrv setup
>> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl setup  vboxdrv.service
>> Unknown operation 'setup'.
>>
>> So I assume the virtualbox.org version has features not in the yum version?
> this *can not* work becaus ethere is no "setup" option
> in systemctl and service is simply redirected as you see
>
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/10040/virtualbox-kernel-driver-not-installed-rc-1908-after-kernel-upgrade/
>
> what says "/etc/sysconfig/modules/VirtualBox.modules"
> no, i do not use vbox, but google

[root at box10 bobg]# ll /etc/sysconfig/modules/VirtualBox.modules
ls: cannot access /etc/sysconfig/modules/VirtualBox.modules: No such
file or directory

The directory contains only one file, nothing for virtualbox.

[root at box10 bobg]# ll /etc/sysconfig/modules/
total 4
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 96 Jul 23 11:36 bluez-uinput.modules

So it will just have to wait for the updates to come through.

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-19 Linux/XFCE