Slightly OT

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 31 23:51:42 UTC 2013

I'm using Fedora 19 developing a couple of small Rails4 apps.
A friend who does php programing has offered to help me complete the
coding . He is using winxp because he had to much trouble getting Rails4
and Ruby2 working on Fedora 16 in a virtual machine at his work.

I have the master app on github and pushed to heroku where it works ok.
I have no knowledge of github or heroku other than that.

For me alone I have been working on the master app in my home directory
and pushing frequently.

My questions are.
What is the best way to allow him to work/collaborate on the project and
push to both github and heroku.
Should I create a branch or a fork on github? and/or heroku?, what is
the difference between branch and fork?

I have googled and read both the github and heroku help but am very lost
when it comes to understanding what is the best way to handle this.

Help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Apologies for so off topic.
Roger