Wow did I screw up! How can I fix this? (SOLVED)

Anthony lists at cajuntechie.org
Sun Jun 2 20:48:57 UTC 2013

On 06/02/2013 11:30 AM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 12:06 AM, Anthony wrote:

>>> You could try:
>>>
>>> yum reinstall filesystem
>>>
>>> (it's the filesystem pkg google earth rpm has conflicts with)
>>
>> Never mind. Just uplugged and replugged the drive and it showed
>> up again. Thanks!!
>>
>> Anthony
>>

> Hey Anthony,
>
> Could you state clearly what you did to resolve this issue?
>
> Did you "yum reinstall filesystem"?

Sorry about that! In my excitement I didn't exactly give a lot of
details on how this got resolved.

I did a "yum reinstall filesystem" then physically disconnected the
drive and connected it again. That did not work. So I restarted the
system and again physically disconnected and reconnected the drive.
Then, my drive showed up and mounted properly. It has been working
fine ever sense.

> It would be good if you put (SOLVED) on the end of the subject line
> so that those who later search the mail archive can more easily
> find the solution.

Good point. Done on this email :-)

--
Anthony Papillion