Apple Mac can't access NFS -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 6 23:51:50 UTC 2013

On 06/06/13 18:09, poma wrote:
> I can only comment logs on the server side. ;)
> Mentioned log on the server says that the client is trying to mount non
> exported point.
> If this doesn't occur during communication with the Linux based clients,
> obviously the problem is in the System 6/7 implementation or
> misconfiguration - the client side.
> So we went back to the very beginning. :)
> Or maybe back to the future, regarding the hardware you are trying to
> drive. :)
>

> poma

Yes, I am sure you understand my problem and I appreciate your help.

Sometimes your brevity makes it hard for me to follow, requires some
thought, not a bad thing I guess.

What I was looking for was someone who understood the problems involved
in getting Mac OSX working with our Linux NFS. I know there were things
that had to be done to get it working with NFSv3 a couple of years ago,
I eventually got it to work and it was convenient to have. I'll work on
it some more tomorrow, end of day here now.

Thanks,

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD