how to set logverbose=6 to X server (forever)

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 03:53:30 UTC 2013

On 09.06.2013 03:14, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/08/13 20:40, Frédéric Bron wrote:
>> I have a lot of problems with the nvidia proprietary driver. However
>> nouveau is very much too slow so that I have to use the nvidia driver.
>> They ask for logverbose option to be set to at least 6 to send bug
>> reports. I see how I can do that for a manual start with startx, how
>> can I do it for all normal starts? I am using F18 with KDE. I do not
>> want to restart the X server manually each time I switch on the
>> computer.
>>

> Try adding to the ServerArgsLocal line in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc.  I'm assuming your running kdm and not gdm.

It couldn't be simpler than this,
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
# xserver-command = X server command to run (can also contain arguments
e.g. X -special-option)
xserver-command=Xorg -logverbose 6

$ ps ax | grep [X]org
… tty1 … /usr/bin/Xorg -logverbose 6 :0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
-nolisten tcp vt1 -novtswitch

Ta ta ta taaaaa. :)

poma