update from 17 to 18 failed

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jun 10 23:21:16 UTC 2013

Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 22:29:37 +0200
> lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>

>> When I attempt remove these, yum wants to remove packages from 18 as
>> well due to dependencies.  Are there packages in 18 that depend on
>> packages from 17, and why would that be?
>>

> Not all pkgs marked *fc17* are from Fedora 17,
> there can be a number of them from Fedora\rpmfusion 18 repos
> particularly rpmfusion.

Then how do I know which ones are from 17 and which ones are from 18?  I
could assume that the ones labled fc17 might go away over time when they
are replaced with more recent versions --- but for all I know, that
might never happen.

> How many kernels do you keep, cat /etc/yum.conf?
> installonly_limit=?

installonly_limit=3

> When in doubt do not touch.

Kernels seem ok, there aren't many kept.  I only reboot when a software
update seems to require it or lets it seem advisable, so I don't really
know --- three seems about right.

--
Fedora 17.8