update from 17 to 18 failed

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 11 22:46:43 UTC 2013

Am 12.06.2013 00:41, schrieb lee:
> For example, I know for sure that I never needed or wanted the package
> "xorg-x11-drv-mga-1.6.2-6.fc18.x86_64", yet it is listed by
> "package-cleanup --leaves --all".  Why is this package installed, and
> since I didn't install it, why does it remain installed?

because it was in some defualt group or installed by whatever dependency

"package-cleanup --leaves --all" ha sto be used with care
it lists practically all was it not neede for the base-system
but it is a good indicator what coul be theoretically removed
and on my systems there is no single unused package which makes
upgrades much faster and last but not least update conflicts
a thing i hadrly see over years