update from 17 to 18 failed

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jun 12 08:09:34 UTC 2013

Am 12.06.2013 08:49, schrieb lee:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:
>
>> Am 11.06.2013 23:39, schrieb lee:
>>> One question that just occurred to me when looking at [1]: Do I need to
>>> do anything about grub?  Yum says the version from Fedora 18 is
>>> installed, so I should be fine?
>>
>> the grub-configuration abd grub itself in the MBR is usally
>> not touch at upgrades which is good because it is usually
>> harmless having an older bootloader and people who cae
>> cna update it any time
>
> Ok, but the grub package from 17 isn't installed anymore, and I didn't
> do anything about it.  It seems like fedup might have replaced it
> automatically --- or the new grub is only installed as a package and the
> old one is still being used because it wasn't updated

what is installd as package is one thing, what lives in the MBR is
a different story - at boot time you see the GRUB version on top
of the boot menu (press some key or whatever, AFAIK they managed
to hidfe it from new users)

P.S.: you do not see my posts because i am moderated nd hey they
had no problem yesterday to reject a post but release poosts is
done at the next weekend or monday.....