mcelog.service

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jun 17 03:04:49 UTC 2013

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

> Am 17.06.2013 04:29, schrieb lee:
>> You're missing the point which was someones assumption that a particular
>> component must be useless because it can be spf.  I was merely asking if
>> there's also the assumption that ppl go to all the considerable lengths
>> required to avoid spfs (so that the components they are using aren't
>> useless).
>>
>> Don't try to hold me responsible for other ppls logic, flawed or not
>
> it was *your* argumentation that *you* can not pull your disks
> in a different machine because there is only one controller
> on earth which can read your disks

I haven't said that anywhere.

> - this is usually *not* true for others because they have spare
> controllers or not using hardware RAID and if *you* do not need
> mcelog.service disable it and stop your uselles discussion why *you*
> can not read logfiles if your system does not boot, others can

Why don't you just stop claiming I said things I didn't say?  Are you
doing this so you have something to get upset about?

> hence in professional environment you even use the --syslog
> option and have logs on different machines where you can
> read them even if the machine including disks and controller
> is dead

You can always do that if you have several computers at hand to direct
log outputs to.  What's your argument here?  That I should get some more
computers so that I can always read what mcelog might have to say?  I'd
have to disappoint you because I don't plan on running some kind of
server farm just for that.

--
"Object-oriented programming languages aren't completely convinced that
you should be allowed to do anything with functions."