biosdevname strikes again :-).

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 14:29:32 UTC 2013

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:17:55 +0200
poma wrote:

> > Boot with "biosdevname=0" or "biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0" and use
> > eth[0,1..] as before.
>
> yum erase biosdevname ;)

Yea, that works for f18, but in f19, they have yet another
immutable name generator so that if you merely erase biosdevname
you wind up getting this new thing which generates even more
descriptive names, something like "erdxq27p" (OK, I made
that up :-).

And as near as I can tell the udev rule that would generate
the 70-persistent-net file for me is utterly gone, so
I have to dig up cryptic syntax to make my own persistent
name file.

All-in-all, it is easier to just rename things when
biosdevname changes them (though it would have been
even easier if know one had ever thought of this nonsense
in the first place).