visit

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 29 16:33:03 UTC 2013

Am 29.06.2013 18:13, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
> Hello,
>
> I tired to install VisIt on my fedora 18, but I failed
> https://computing.llnl.gov/vis/visit.shtml
>
> Would it be possible to have this package compiled for fedora?

unlikely because this crap does not find cmake which is for sure used
for mariadb/mysql on my build machines and due directly using "cmake ."
in the SPEC file it stops with this messages after install "vtk-devel"
while "qt-devel-4.8.4-17.fc18.x86_64" is installed for "cantata"

however, you may start with the SPEC file below

-- Checking for VTK in /lib
--   VTK_FOUND=1
--   VTK_USE_FILE=/usr/lib64/vtk/UseVTK.cmake
--   VTK_MAJOR_VERSION=5
--   VTK_MINOR_VERSION=10
--   VTK_BUILD_VERSION=0
--   VTK_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/include/vtk
--   VTK_LIBRARY_DIRS=/usr/lib64/vtk
--
VTK_KITS=COMMON;FILTERING;IO;GRAPHICS;GENERIC_FILTERING;IMAGING;RENDERING;VOLUMERENDERING;HYBRID;WIDGETS;PARALLEL;INFOVIS;TEXT_ANALYSIS;GEOVIS;VIEWS;QVTK;CHARTS
--   VTK_PY_WRAPPERS_DIR=

_______________________________________

[builduser at testserver:/rpmbuild/SPECS]$ cat visit.spec
Name:              visit
Version:           2.6.2
Release:           1%{?dist}.%git
Source0:           https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit//%{name}%{version}.tar.gz
BuildRequires:     cmake
BuildRequires:     gcc-c++
BuildRequires:     vtk-devel

%description
visit

%package           manpages
Group:             System Environment/Daemons
%description       manpages

%prep
%setup -q -n %{name}%{version}

%build