fresh installation fails

Patrick Dupre Patrick.Dupre at univ-littoral.fr
Fri Mar 1 21:11:53 UTC 2013

Quoting ven, 01 mar 2013 Frantisek Hanzlik <franta at hanzlici.cz>:

> Patrick Dupre wrote:
>>
>> Quoting ven, 01 mar 2013 Frantisek Hanzlik <franta at hanzlici.cz>:

>>> Anaconda and others logs are in /tmp/, /mnt/sysimage/tmp/,
>>> /mnt/sysimage/var/log/ directories. Maybe there should be some details.
>>>
>> I check the DVD (PASSED), but I get a random error when installing
>> hwdata or filesystem!!!!!
>> Why?
>>
>> It means at the beginning of the package installation
>
> What's Your hardware? Have You sufficient amount of RAM? I wasn't
> able install
> F18 i686 on PC with 1.25GB RAM and symptoms was similar. x86_64 version will
> have even bigger requirements.
> Due to it's memory requirements I consider F18 installer to be useless shit.

Thank.
I have 8 Go of RAM on x86_64 brand new machine. The hardware is a Z77-G41
(MSI) with an i5

It regular fails after the installation of 4 or 6 packages!!!

  Patrick DUPRÉ                          | |  email: pdupre at kegtux.org
  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère
  Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale      | |
  Tel.                                     | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann            | | 59140 Dunkerque, France