fresh installation fails

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Mar 1 23:36:22 UTC 2013

On 03/02/13 04:33, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> I check the DVD (PASSED), but I get a random error when installing
> hwdata or filesystem!!!!!

You've tested the DVD an you've tested memory and all appears fine.  Now, I'm not saying this is the problem but years back I had a similar situation.  I had burned the DVD with the speed set to "auto".  I burned a second DVD with the speed set to 1X and everything worked out.

Also, if it is possible, you could try downloading and installing from the netinst.iso instead.