F-18 display setting problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 2 21:14:53 UTC 2013

On 03/02/2013 03:49 PM, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 12:48 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>
>> In a new Fedora-18/64 bit install in a new computer I am unable to set
>> the resolution above 1024x768 at 60HZ and would like to set it higher.
>
> Just for grins, have you tried without any conf file at all? I don't
> have one, and X auto-detects everything correctly and I get the right
> resolution.

Yes, the resolution I get without adding anything to the original
installation is 1024x768 while the manufacturer's spec is 1680x1050. As
it stands the browser is easy to read  but scrolls off the screen. If it
was user selectable I would set it a little bit higher.

I have three monitors connected to three F-18 computers all of which
work well except this monitor [ViewSonic VX2035WM] is not recognized and
gets a generic driver, hence the reason for this exercise.

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-18 Linux