grub2 cfg errors in 18

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 3 12:50:46 UTC 2013

On 02/03/13 09:00 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Frank McCormick wrote:
>> Still trying to discover the cause of errors being generated when
>> grub2-mkconfig
>> is run.
>> Tne problem first surfaced after a new kernel during a recent update
>> on Fedora
>> 18. The error was something along the lines of "can't find a usable
>> template" .
>> So I tried to manually generate a grub.cfg file using grub2-mkconfig.
>> It says
>> there are errors in the generated file ..it refers to a line about
>> TBOOT..whatever that is.
>>
>> Can anyone offers suggestions ?
>>
> Maybe. I have been looking at this issue, and can at least give you a
> little information. The fedup generates a dubious boot file in
> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, which contains both a SYSFONT= and KEYTABLE=
> options. Removing those will avoid the error messages but not make the
> update boot work.
>
> I'm still working on this as I type, so I may have more later.

    Very interesting...am I one of the very few affected by this ?? I
found a bug on bugzilla
that referred to programs in the util-linux package as causing the
problem...they were apparently
updated but that didn't solve my problem. For now I have grub installed
from my Debian partition so the lack of a working grub.cfg
doesn't cause me major problems.

--
--Cheers--