grub2 cfg errors in 18

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 3 16:42:02 UTC 2013

Am 03.03.2013 17:33, schrieb Frank McCormick:
>> and you made sure the damage was fixed?
>>
>> * /etc/mtab is there AND a symlink
>> * "which ld" gives a correct output
>
> There is no /etc/mtab on my machine...

and you wonder about anything?

> there is a mtab.fuselock with a size of 0

does nto interest in this context (Google: fuse)

> I tried to create an mtab symlink to /proc/mounts. It would not allow me.

sorry but "It would not allow me" is a really stupid answer
what about posting input and output?

* did you do it as root because naturally this is a root-task
* ln -s /proc/mounts /etc/mtab

> In the /proc directory, mounts  is a symlink to /self/mounts.

yes but this does not help you because /etc/mtab is missing

>> [harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ which ld
>> /usr/bin/ld
>      which ld on my machine comes up with /bin/ld...
>      /usr/bin/has a symlink which point to /etc/alternatives/ld
>
> Why is a so screwed up ? The installation was made about
> 4 months ago from the official release

this doe snot matter
/bin and /usr/bin is the same after UsrMove

since i am pdeantic i fixed as much as possible to point
directly to /usr/bin because why did we made UsrMove if we
rely on the symlinks forever and YES this si critism for
EVERY package-manager which does not fix it's crap