add applet in panel/toolbar

Patrick Dupre Patrick.Dupre at univ-littoral.fr
Mon Mar 4 22:39:45 UTC 2013

Quoting lun, 04 mar 2013 Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>:

> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 17:03 +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In gnome 3, is there a way to have his own applet in the panel or
>> toolbar without going to the fallback mode?
>>
>> Thank.
>>
> This needs clarification. To what does his refer?
> --
OK,

For example I would like to have an icon (that I can choice) in the
upper toolbar.
When I click on it, I would like that it start my own application
(for example in a shell).
Is it clear.
In gnome 2 it was easy.
In gnome 3 it looks like that I have to go through extensions, but
I do not have full control, or I do not know how to do it!

Thank.

  Patrick DUPRÉ                          | |  email: pdupre at kegtux.org
  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère
  Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale      | |
  Tel.                                     | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann            | | 59140 Dunkerque, France