startxlde

Patrick Dupre Patrick.Dupre at univ-littoral.fr
Wed Mar 6 10:21:38 UTC 2013

Hello,

When I run startlxde in text mode, nothing happen is anyother X session
is running. If another X seesion is running, it does complain

Openbox-Message: A window manager is already running on screen 0
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error:
Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read
(g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error:
Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read
(g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.

If I try switchdesk lxde  from a running gnome session, I get:
Red Hat Linux switchdesk 4.0
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Unknown desktop requested: lxde
(I have in my .Xclient-default:
WM="startlxde"
WMPATH="/usr/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/bin"
for p in $WMPATH ; do
    [ -x $p/$WM ] && exec $p/$WM
echo  $p/$WM
done
exit 1
)

Thank for any sort of help.

  Patrick DUPRÉ                          | |  email: pdupre at kegtux.org
  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère
  Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale      | |
  Tel.                                     | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann            | | 59140 Dunkerque, France