Panic when doing shutdown or reboot

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Mar 6 21:13:34 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 01:04 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> short power drops are not the topic
>
> the problem is to runa UPS battery completly empty
> deep uncharge is very bad for most batteries

As I said, I'm trying to learn.  I gather, then, that there's a way for
the computers to know when they're running off of the UPS only and that
they're set to shut themselves down when the main power's been off for a
specified length of time so as to avoid completely discharging the UPS,
or causing the problems you described?  If so, thank you for helping me
learn; if not, feel free to correct me.

And, in any event, kernel panics while shutting down or rebooting are a
bad thing.