texlive

Patrick Dupre Patrick.Dupre at univ-littoral.fr
Thu Mar 7 11:59:29 UTC 2013

>> I installes texlive2012,
>> but apparently the fonts are not installed!
>> In additon, when I make,
>>
>> rpm -ql texlive
>> I get:
>> (contains no files)
>>
>> while:
>> rpm -q texlive
>> texlive-2012-16.20130205_r29034.fc18.x86_64
>>
>> Whould I finish the install manually?
>
> [root at rh:~]$ yum search texlive fonts
>
> ======================== N/S Matched: texlive, fonts ========================
>
> texlive-Type1fonts-doc.noarch : Documentation for Type1fonts
> texlive-accfonts.noarch : Utilities to derive new fonts from existing ones
> texlive-accfonts-bin.noarch : Binaries for accfonts
> texlive-accfonts-doc.noarch : Documentation for accfonts
> texlive-ae.noarch : Virtual fonts for T1 encoded CMR-fonts
> texlive-aeguill.noarch : Add several kinds of guillemets to the ae fonts
> texlive-allrunes.noarch : Fonts and LaTeX package for almost all runes
> texlive-amsfonts.noarch : TeX fonts from the American Mathematical Society
> texlive-amsfonts-doc.noarch : Documentation for amsfonts
> texlive-anyfontsize-doc.noarch : Documentation for anyfontsize
> texlive-arabtex.noarch : Macros and fonts for typesetting Arabic
> texlive-archaic.noarch : A collection of archaic fonts
> texlive-arev.noarch : Fonts and LaTeX support files for Arev Sans
> texlive-aurical.noarch : Calligraphic fonts for use with LaTeX in T1 encoding
> texlive-b1encoding.noarch : LaTeX encoding tools for Bookhands fonts
> texlive-barcodes.noarch : Fonts for making barcodes
> texlive-bartel-chess-fonts.noarch : A set of fonts supporting chess diagrams
> texlive-bartel-chess-fonts-doc.noarch : Documentation for bartel-chess-fonts
> texlive-baskervald.noarch : Baskervald ADF fonts collection with
> TeX/LaTeX support
> texlive-bbm.noarch : "Blackboard-style" cm fonts
> texlive-bbm-macros.noarch : LaTeX support for "blackboard-style" cm fonts
> texlive-belleek.noarch : Free replacement for basic MathTime fonts
> texlive-bera.noarch : Bera fonts
> texlive-berenisadf.noarch : Berenis ADF fonts and TeX/LaTeX support
> texlive-beton.noarch : Use Concrete fonts
> texlive-bgreek.noarch : Using Beccari's fonts in betacode for classical Greek
> texlive-biolinum-type1.noarch : (pdf)LaTeX support for the Biolinum
> family of fonts
> texlive-blacklettert1.noarch : T1-encoded versions of Haralambous
> old German fonts
> texlive-bold-extra.noarch : Use bold small caps and typewriter fonts
> texlive-bookhands.noarch : A collection of book-hand fonts
> texlive-boondox.noarch : Mathematical alphabets derived from the STIX fonts
> texlive-carolmin-ps.noarch : Adobe Type 1 format of Carolingian
> Minuscule fonts
> texlive-cbcoptic.noarch : Coptic fonts and LaTeX macros for general
> usage and for philology
> texlive-cbfonts.noarch : Complete set of Greek fonts
> texlive-cbfonts-doc.noarch : Documentation for cbfonts
> [...]

OK, THis is correct,

but

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{fourier}
\begin{document}
Hello world!
L'{\'E}l{\'e}phant va {\`a} la mare.
\[\frac14=0{,}25\]
\end{document}

fails:
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))

! LaTeX Error: File `fourier.sty' not found.

and

tex testfont.tex
Name of the font to test =
fourier
kpathsea: Running mktextfm fourier
/usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map source
abbreviation  for fourier.
/usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Need to update ?
mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
nonstopmode; input fourier
This is METAFONT, Version 2.718281 (TeX Live 2013/dev)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf fourier
! I can't find file `fourier'.

  Patrick DUPRÉ                          | |  email: pdupre at kegtux.org
  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère
  Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale      | |
  Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12              | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann            | | 59140 Dunkerque, France