Is there a way to disable access point roaming in F18 NetworkManager?

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Thu Mar 7 16:23:05 UTC 2013

Folk,

Sitting here at work, I notice that my wireless crashes about every two
or three minutes.  When I check my /var/log/messages, I see that I am
roaming between two access points associated with the same ESSID that
serves my whole building.  Both access points are reasonably strong, but
fluctuate a bit in signal strength.

The repeated and constant switching of access points is a big hit on my
wireless performance.

I vaguely remember an option in NetworkManager to disallow roaming, but
I can't find it.

Does anybody know how to stop this?  I looked at the man page for nmcli,
but didn't see anything about roaming...

Config  --

Box: Toshiba Satellite L875D laptop, AMD A8-4500M w/ Radeon HD 7640G,
RealTek wireless

uname -a: Linux localhost.localdomain 3.8.1-201.fc18.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu
Feb 28 19:23:08 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Desktop: KDE 4.9.5

Thanks!

bill("reformed thread hijacker")o