texlive

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Mar 7 21:37:21 UTC 2013

> Not really sure why you're bringing in Adobe. TeX/LaTeX have nothing to
> do with PDF (sure, they can optionally generate PDF output, but that's
> not the point).

As it happens, the difference has been discussed on the scribus mailing
list, so I'm aware of it.  I thought you might find it interesting,
especially as you find it useful to have precise positioning on a
character by character basis at times.  If you don't find that useful or
interesting, that's fine too.  After all, you're the one doing the work,
not me.  Use whatever program you find fits your needs best.