make that wmv (WAS Re: is there a way to convert an mp4 video to wav in Fedora - and I have a very old Fedora 13)

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 7 22:08:18 UTC 2013

Reindl,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 07.03.2013 22:14, schrieb Darlene Wallach:
>> Argh! OOPS!
>>
>> I need to convert an mp4 video to wmv. Is there a way to do that in Fedora 13?
>
> the last supported version is F17
> you would need ffmpeg

I have:
Installed Packages
ffmpeg.i686                  0.6-3.fc13                  @rpmfusion-free-updates

> but you are at your own because you do not care
> to hold your OS in a supported state for years

I need my laptop for work and I need LaTeX - I heard there were issues
with TeXLive so have held off installing newer Fedoras - have also
heard of difficulties with the Anaconda installer.

Thank you

Darlene Wallach

> --

equal justice under law