texlive

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Fri Mar 8 01:44:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:47:52 +0000, Tethys wrote:

> I tried various
> other options and ended up with ConTeXt, which I'm generally pretty
> happy with. Except that it doesn't work on F17. At all. And yes, I do
> mind migrating. For new projects, it's not so bad. But for already
> published books, if I want to do a second printing, I want to correct
> a few typos, run make and have a fully typeset PDF that I can send off
> the the printers. I can't currently do that, and retypesetting the
> whole thing in an alternative tool simply isn't a viable option.
>
> Tet

Have you tried installing TeX Live directly from CTAN (e.g., download
install-tl-unx.tar.gz and perhaps update regularly using tlmgr)?  If
there's a problem with the F17 version, it's possible that the actual TeX
Live 2012, updated from CTAN, would solve it.  I don't use ConTeXt (and
I'm on F18 now), so I can't say anything about that.  But on F17 I used
TeX Live from CTAN, not the Fedora rpms, and everything I use worked
fine.  (I haven't had any problems with the one from the rpms on F18 yet
either, but ...)

  George