CIFS Mounts Fail with Kernel 3.8.1-201.fc18.i686.PAE

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 9 03:56:58 UTC 2013

On 03/09/13 08:32, Terry Polzin wrote:
> Bug 905929 -- nobody is interested in fixing it.

This was also discussed recently on the "test" list.

I don't happen to use windows shares all that often and the ones that I have don't show the breakage that you and others are seeing.  So, I don't have any opinion.

In the test list it was mentioned that....

"Apparently, NTLM has been found to be insecure so upstream doesn't want to allow NTLM connections by default any more. There may be something you can do at the server end to use NTLMv2 instead; that would probably be safer than forcing the use of NTLM."

I must say that, at the very least, it sure would be nice to have a more meaningful error message.  :-)