Thunderbird does not respect the default browser setting. [SOLVED]

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 9 13:37:58 UTC 2013

On 03/09/13 21:29, Reindl Harald wrote:
> all i can say is find about:config in the extended preferences and
> look if there are protocol handlers for http/https and change them
> to whatever you want
>
> ANY SYSTEM-SETTING is no longer relevant if they are present
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.http
> network.protocol-handler.app.https
>
> it is general a good idea to learn about preferences of used applications

Yes, of course you could do that.  Yet, the subject of the thread is "does not respect the default browser setting".  Which is what I'm addressing.  You just overriding the "default" setting with a specific setting...which is fine.  Almost like saying...  I know there is a bug but I can get around it so never mind.  :-)