about:config -> Re: Thunderbird does not respect the default browser setting. [SOLVED]

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 16:29:33 UTC 2013

On 09/03/13 14:10, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 09.03.2013 13:46, schrieb Erik P. Olsen:
>> OK, I see the same files but they do nothing with regard to launching google-chrome from links in thunderbird.
>
> SEE SCREENSHOT - offlist-CC because it maybe is refused by the list
>
> go in the prefecrences -> extended
>
> there exists the same about:config like for firefox only
> without address bar and if there is a application specified
> all your system settings are no longer relevant
>
> and yes, i saw the a few years ago that google-chrome
> was there confiugred and surely not by me, that is why
> now firefox is confgured by hand

I assume you mean Preferences -> General and select Config Editor. I've done
that and it contains network.protocol-handler.app.http with the value
/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome and it hasn't had any effect.

BTW I'm on Fedora 18 now and on Fedora 16 I did not experience this problem. But
of course the TB versions are different, currently it is 17.0.3.

--
Erik

Concordia parvæ res crescunt discordia maximæ dilabuntur