fedup @ System Upgrade - time to complete?

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sat Mar 9 21:24:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, 9 Mar 2013, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 09.03.2013 22:02, schrieb Max Pyziur:
>> I saw that there was a fedup upgrade in updates-testing; it has been there for some time.
>>
>> I installed the updates-testing version of fedup on my desktop, and then proceeded with an F17->F18 upgrade.
>
> why are you doing this?
>
> there is a reason why it is called "updates-testing"
> usually you be happy if fedup / preupgrade works
> and use EXACTLY this set if you have another machines

I do have other machines; in fact the one that I'm using to reply here.

Much thanks.

One of the frustrations here, is that the
base of subscribers on users at lists.fedoraproject.org is incosistent in its
replies. I've posted at least two requests on this subject.

There have been few, if no, replies. I've tried to find other sources as
to the timing/availability of fedup, requesting the same on
users at lists.fedoraproject.org; no guidance forthcoming.

I would like my third machine to be consistently setup on F18, in line
with the other two that I have.

Max Pyziur