fedup @ System Upgrade - time to complete? - on different sources

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Mar 9 21:55:19 UTC 2013

Am 09.03.2013 22:50, schrieb Max Pyziur:
> On this upgrade go-around (F17->F18) the challenges in the process have been more elevated (I now have an unuseable
> machine because of this; I'd like to go through some recovery and I *do* rely on this list as a primary
> resource for that). For me, ther have probably been more frustrating upgrades. And at this point, I'm savvy enough
> to have backups and redundancy.

the problem is that you used a testing-package
consider how oftne someone makes a dist-upgrade at all
now think about how many did it with updates-testing's fedup
now think about how many are doing upgrades with yum

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum
this worked for me several hundrets of times, even in production

but since you are screwed up youre setup i fear you
are at your own