[OT] Security layers

NOSpaze nospaze at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 06:16:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-09 at 19:38 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 09.03.2013 19:35, schrieb Markus Lindholm:
> >> most likely because virtually nobody has open his
> >> machine so blindly these days
> but a honest one - what rides people to not protect their computers?

Why does everybody should? Each context is different.

Security has its layered rules equivalent as networking. If layer 1
(physical) security is sufficient, you don't need to protect the other
layers.

Security is not using locks on each layer (doorlocks, kengsinton,
routing password, firewalling password, bios password, gnome password,
application password). That's inaccessibility.

:)