grub2

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Mon Mar 11 11:36:22 UTC 2013

Στις 11/3/2013 11:57 πμ, ο/η Patrick Dupre έγραψε:
> Hello,
>
> I am not supposed to modify manually the file /etc/grub2.cfg.
> However, how can I modify for example the title of the
> menuentry (cd Replacing Fedora by Fedora 18)?
> The file linux_10 is a bit difficult to understand!
> Should I change GRUB_ACTUAL_DEFAUL?
> Thank.

Why don't you just regenerate the config?

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Using the following in /etc/default/grub:

GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet rhgb"
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub2/themes/system/theme.txt"

These are the defaults actually, but I am happy with them.

George