About that installer...

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:06:23 UTC 2013

On 11 March 2013 04:32, Dan Irwin <rummymobile at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm trying to get F18 onto my new Dell laptop (e6530). Not
> surprisingly, it's not working.
>
> The installer won't let me install. It won't find free space. It won't
> shrink partitions.
>
> I even dropped to a shell, and used fdisk to blow away my windows 7
> partition, and the installer still doesn't work properly!
>
> I have now tried to manually partition, and the installer tells me
> "Error checking storage configuration".

To be clear, you've wiped all the partitions on the disc, but the
installer is refusing to allocate new ones? That sounds like a bug,
install to an unpartitioned disc should be no different to the clean
VM install you did. What are you using to manually partition? Have you
tried booting the installer again? It may be the best way to ensure
the partition table is re-read. At what point does it tell you 'error
checking storage configuration' and what does fdisk -l on the disc
show?

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk