About that installer...

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Mar 11 17:48:12 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 10:34 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> I've been beating the drum about this for years. It's not just
> partitioning. The various OSs have been being dumbed down for some
> time, especially the DEs.

I know people who still believe that Linux and Unix are simply job
programs for gurus because "the average computer user can't administer
their own computer" if they're using it.  I'd think that having distros,
such as Ubuntu, that can be installed and administered by people without
specialized skills would be a Good Thing.  Still, I'd also like even the
most beginner friendly distro to have some sort of advanced option on
installation to let those of us who know what they want and how to get
it the ability to set things up their own way.