About that installer...

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:37:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Ian Malone wrote:

> Why? I can partition, but I don't really want to make a hobby of it.
> There's a strong argument to be made for sensible defaults to avoid
> many people having to do identical tedious set-ups.

Sensible defaults are fine. The problem is that, with each new generation
of dumbed down system defaults, the distros have been making it harder and
harder for experts to deviate from those defaults. It's to the point new
where it's *impossible* to deviate from the defaults for some things.

Linux has become pretty sad when the options become: 1. Accept the
defaults. or 2. Roll your own from scratch.

-Alan