About that installer...

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:10:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> At what point does it tell you 'error checking storage configuration' and what does fdisk -l on the disc show?
>>
>> This is on the "main" installer screen in F18.
>>

> The 'hub' model means I'm going to have to ask at which point, because
> you end up back at the main installer screen after configuring things,
> which can be done in any order so far as I know. So is this, for
> example, after configuring the installation destination or before?
> Will it even let you into the installation destination menus?

I think, from memory, this "hub" screen appears with an indicator
claiming that I need to do something about storage. So I click into
it, do the delete/preserve stuff, and i get bumped back to the "hub",
where it again tells me I need to do something about storage.

Going around in circles, I can progress further, but at no stage do I
ever tell the installer where to install. I have attempted to manually
make / and /home partitions using the installer. Doing so drops me
back to the "hub", again with the indicator telling me to fix
storage...