network routing.

Gary Artim gartim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 00:25:53 UTC 2013

I have a problems using a patch cable and trying to route though
another machine. The client is a minimum installed machine and the
router is just a simple dhcp desktop. Is there some packages that
*dont* come with the minimum install that would keep you from getting
a simple route. Tried everything but network trace and the route
stalls. I can ping in both directions, so I dont think its driver
related. I dropped firewalld on both machine as well as tried NAT
masquerading, nada. Seems strange. config:

client:

NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
BOOTPROTO="static"
DEVICE="em1"
IPADDR=192.168.0.11
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
TYPE=Ethernet
DEFROUTE=yes
PEERDNS=yes
PEERROUTES=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=no
NAME="System em1"
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
DNS1=75.75.75.75
DNS2=75.75.76.76

router:

NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
BOOTPROTO="static"
DEVICE="em1"
IPADDR=192.168.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
TYPE=Ethernet
DEFROUTE=yes
PEERDNS=yes
PEERROUTES=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=no
NAME="System em1"
DNS1=75.75.75.75
DNS2=75.75.76.76

I remember setting up a boot server sometime ago and something missing
network wise on a min installed machine? any help/suggestions would be
great!