network routing.

Gary Artim gartim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:10:31 UTC 2013

Okay, maybe I needed sleep. But it really helped to hear stuff like:
DNS will hang the route command without the -n switch and the
reference to POSTROUTING/MASQ,

this dummy had this in iptables: (em1 is the link/interface for the
second machine)
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o em1 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0/0
-j MASQUERADE

instead of THIS (my wider network interface)
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o p37p1 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0/0
-j MASQUERADE

So all is working now. thanks much for hearing me out/help!