Fedora 18: Mouse regressions

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 07:40:19 UTC 2013

The touchpad on my laptop is only good as a basic mouse. I can't use
any gestures, and I can't see any options to enable them. Am I missing
something?

Also, "Paint and paste" (To borrow a term from an earlier thread here)
is broken. In a terminal, I like to highlight text, and click to
paste. This does not work, and I don't like it.

Can anyone point me at any documentation on how to fix these things?

And are these regressions, or has someone decided this functionality
is no longer required?

I know there has been debate by the fdo people about the multitude of
clipboard mechanisms, and removing some. Hopefully the missing Paint
and paste isnt the result of this.

Thank you all.