how to remove F18 from F18-Win7 dual boot?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 14 10:52:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 08:04 -0700, William Mattison wrote:
> I have a dual boot desktop with Fedora 18 (from the Live Media) and
> Windows 7 home.  I need to delete the Fedora 18 install.

If you find that you're unable to install over the top, as the other
reply suggests, and as some posts on this list seem to suggest that some
people have had trouble doing, you can:

Boot from some other Linux disc (including the install disc), make your
way into a command line, run the "fdisk" program and delete the Linux
partition(s).

If, for example, your Linux partition was on /dev/sda2, then it'd be
something like this:

fdisk /dev/sda

Press the "m" key then enter, to see fdisk's menu; press the hotkey to
delete a partition, choose the right partition to remove, then write the
partition table to disk and quit out of the fdisk program.

Now, the details about what was your Fedora partition is lost, so an
install should believe that part of the disc is unused and available.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.