About that installer...

Tony Camuso tcamuso at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 12:01:22 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 09:22 PM, Dan Irwin wrote:
> No he hasn't, for various reasons :-) Should I file one? I have
> nothing but a vague memory of the sequence of the problems/dialogs.

bugzilla wants clear steps to reproduce the bug. The more info the
better, except that log files should be attachments, not pasted-in.
System hardware/firmware details should be provided as well.

> So, an update.
>
> I just attempted to install F18 over the top of F17. And it seems to
> be working...
>
> I got the popup about not having enough free space, so I clicked  to
> delete /boot and / from F17, pressed continue, and the installer liked
> it.
>
> Right now its probably 75% done installing packages.
>
> What is different now?

Are you using the very same install image that was giving you the
problem before?

> sda3 and sda4 are formatted, operational, linux partitions.
>
> Before they were empty, unpartitioned space, or in one case, empty
> unformatted partitions.
>
> And in the time I have taken to type this email, the install is done. Seriously.
>
> Welcome screen done. One operational F18 laptop.
>
> Happy days.

I love happy endings. :)

But if you are able to reproduce the original bug, file a bugzilla.