packages installed

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 14 13:09:37 UTC 2013

Am 14.03.2013 14:02, schrieb Richard Shaw:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> 2013/3/13 Patrick Dupre <Patrick.Dupre at univ-littoral.fr>:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In fedora 16 there was a directory /var/log/rpmpkgs
>>> where I could find a record or the installed packages.
>>> This directory does not seem to exist any more.
>>> Has it moved somewhere else?
>>
>> /var/log/yum.log
>>
>> or yum list installed
>
> If you really just want a current list of installed packages (not when
> they were installed or what repo they came from) try:
>
> rpm -qa
>
> which is much faster than yum, but to be useful I would dump it in a text file:
>
> rpm -qa > installed.txt

and if you want a usefull list without version-numbers
which are not helpful to install the same packages
months later on another machine:

[root at rh:~]$ cat /usr/local/bin/packages
#!/usr/bin/bash
/bin/nice -n 19 /bin/rpm -qa --queryformat "%{name}\n" | sort | tee /root/packages.txt
chmod 644 /root/packages.txt