Installing VNCSERVER on Linux machine

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 14 19:29:55 UTC 2013

Fedora User wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 17:16 +0000, Norah Jones wrote:
>> How can I install vncserver on my linux machine so that I can connect
>> from windows client.
>
> I prefer Tiger: #yum install tigervnc-server
>
> Works great from my android phone.

I have services running in virtual machines, and start them with the console set
to a VNC on the host. That lets me VPN to the host and access all guest machines
without password with VNC to a port, while letting users connect to vncserver
running on the guest, using passwords, on the default port and virtual machine IP.

Reduces administration effort for the whole, while forcing users to use password
for security.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>