nut

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 14 19:40:16 UTC 2013

Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Complementary information:
> upsdrvctl start
> responds as:
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.5
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.37 (2.6.5)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> Duplicate driver instance detected! Terminating other driver!
> Using subdriver: MGE HID 1.31

The "Duplicate driver instance" is a pretty strong hint that something else has
grabbed the device. Before starting nut you might see if udev saw the UPS and
started something for you (perhaps not what you wanted).

lsusb - should identify the USB connection
lsof - may be able to tell you what's using it, if something really is.

And there you have the total of my ideas, hope it helped.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>